Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lavender Blue - Layouts 5

Here we have another illustration layout from the Irish Faerie Tale I am currently working on. This image comes near the end of the story. Lavender is in big trouble at this point and has been rescued by the Faeries and spirited away to a stone circle at the top of a dark and lonely hill. This image, like the others, will be transferred to watercolour paper and painted in the traditional way following my usual method of watercolour, gouache and coloured pencil.

10 comments:

tinypearl5758 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tinypearl5758 said...

"Oh Larry, your Lavender Blue series are beautiful, I look forward to seeing them as paintings.

I have dropped by and viewed the others, I just haven't had time to comment until now.

They really do capture how fragile the faerie world is. "I do believe in faeries"

Wonderful work Larry, xxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Tiny Pearl - the paintings will be coming later in the autumn. I can't wait to get started.

Tammie Lee said...

I saw this once as I worked with a person who died soon after. Just like your art, tall angels standing shoulder to shoulder.

SCOTT CAPLE said...

Larry,
Returning the compliment of the blog visit.
Great work.
Keep it up!

Larry MacDougall said...

Tammie - thanks so much for passing that along - very powerful.

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Scott - much appreciated.

Craig Phillips said...

Geeeeezz this one is really gorgeous. For me, this so far is proving to be the best body of work you have posted yet. Just great work. Each sketch is a beautiful work of art in its own right.

Larry MacDougall said...

Wow - thanks Craig :)