Monday, May 30, 2011

Leaf and Wing

This watercolour is a couple of years old. It was done as most of my pieces are - an experiment to try out a new approach. In this case I was painting directly on to a watercolour block, which is unusual for me. I most often work by tracing from a light box. I was also trying out these wing shapes - kind of leaf like and spindly. I still like them and use this wing style when I can.

I've just added her to my Etsy store which you can check out here - http://www.etsy.com/shop/LarryMacDougallArt?ref=pr_shop


More soon.

Peace be with you.

5 comments:

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Again...loving your subtle use of color.

Craig Phillips said...

Gorgeous!

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks guys - much appreciated.

Unknown said...

Great shapes and textures, she feels very elemental!

Larry MacDougall said...

Munchanka - thanks ! I like the sound of that.