Friday, August 16, 2013

Draw !

In the past I would often post the warm up drawings I do in the mornings in preparation for a day of sitting at the drawing board. I haven't done a post like that lately and someone asked me if I'm still doing the warm ups or have I let that side of it go. I'm still doing it most days. Not every day mind you but quite often.



So in the spirit of full disclosure, here is a recent sampling. I draw lots of heads. I probably draw more heads than anything else. I also still draw lots of hands - sometimes my own, or I'll find random pictures of hands in magazines and draw those.




And figures of course. There is still a lot of work to do in that department.





Facial expressions - very important.




And sometimes when I'm drawing my own hands I will use a little mirror I keep on my desk and draw the reflection so that I can get a bit more variety out of the old left hand - see above.

Thanks again for stopping by.

More soon.

4 comments:

Christina Wald said...

Really nice! I especially like the hand studies.

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Christina. I'm glad you stopped by. :)

Anonymous said...

All good practice. I have a hard time drawing hands :(

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Rosie.